Monday, December 7, 2009

Valverde still hasn't made up his mind

Around 8pm, JJO tweeted the following:

With just over 3 hours to decide, Jose Valverde just told me he's still deciding whether to accept arbitration to stay in Houston.

My guess is he's holding out to see what happens with Betancourt and Soriano. If those two accept arbitration, I bet Valverde accepts.

UPDATE: Yeah, I was off on this one. What I should have said is that, if Betancourt and/or Soriano accepts, I bet Valverde declines - because the free agent market would be thinner.

No comments: