In the first of a two-part series, Alyson Footer made five predictions about the Astros in 2009. Here they are in short-form, read the article for the full...uh, article.
1. Hampton will make just short of 30 starts and will be hurt for a short period of time.
2. Oswalt will return to All-Star form, and if the Astros fall out of contention, could ask to be traded. Backe will start strong and get tired. Moehler will win around 12 games with an ERA around 4.00.
3. Blum will be productive and play better defense than Wigginton, but we'll all be sad with production from 3rd base.
4. Quintero will get a spot on the 25-man roster, and Towles will not.
5. Matsui, with a completely healed anus, will make 120 starts.
Rank these in order of probability. I'll say #1 is most likely, followed by #4, #5, #3 and #2. You?