So if Lance Berkman was calling the shots, he'd hire Tim Bogar to be the next manager of the Astros.
“He was great to me when I was a young player. I’ve always thought he
would make an excellent manager, and they could do a lot worse than him.
I just have tremendous respect for him and know he knows the game.”
So let's break down Berkman's thought process here:
1. Tim Bogar was nice to me.
2. Tim Bogar is older than me.
3. You could do worse than Tim Bogar.
4. Tim Bogar is a good guy.
5. Tim Bogar has watched a lot of baseball.
6. Tim Bogar would make a good manager.
7. (Looks back at #3) Well, Tim Bogar would be better than some other potential managers.