You know how much we love the Houston Press. Well John "Eeyore" Royal chimes in with his predictions:
1. St. Louis Cardinals -- Easily the class of the division. They've got the best two starters in Adam Wainwright and Chris Carpenter. Then there's Albert Pujols and Matt Holliday. And Tony LaRussa's the best manager in the division.
2. Milwaukee Brewers -- Just because someone has to finish in second.
3. Chicago Cubs -- They were the trendy team last year. But I think that everyone is awaiting the inevitable Lou Piniella explosion.
4. Cincinnati Reds -- I've seen some predictions that the Reds will finish as high as second. I thought this about the Reds last year. They've got lots of young talent, Joey Votto, Jay Bruce, Brandon Phillips, Johnny Cueto. There's a good nucleus here. But I'm not falling for them again.
5. Houston Astros -- Hey, the last time I checked, Michael Bourn and Hunter Pence were healthy. Then again, the last time I checked, Geoff Blum was the starting first baseman. Thank God the Pirates are in this division.
6. Pittsburgh Pirates -- Yes, the Pirates still supposedly play baseball. Only nobody has seen this happen since 1992.