Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Brocail doesn't know what to do

Doug Brocail is waiting on the results of an MRI on his shoulder to take place next week before deciding what to do about 2010.

"It all depends what the MRI says at the end of the season. I've had a good run of luck lately, but health is the main concern. If I'm healthy, I'd like to play again. If not, I'll see...

..."They're going to look at the shoulder and make sure everything is fine and I haven't ripped it up due to [compensating for] the leg and everything. Hopefully that will help me make up my mind....

..."I'm going to get input from the guys [on the team] and the coaching staff and see if they think I still have it. If I still have it, then I'm going to continue. If the majority says, 'Man, you need to listen to your body,' and then I don't know. I don't have a plan yet."


The Astros can either exercise Brocail's $2.85 million option for 2010, or buy him out for $250,000. Which is my vote.

No comments: