I actually have no idea what that means - I just like alliteration - but Brian McTaggart posted a blog today with reasons for optimism and reasons for concern with this Astros team.
Reasons for optimism
1. Lance Berkman is struggling, and the Astros aren't buried.
2. Wandy Rodriguez has been terrific.
3. Miguel Tejada, Carlos Lee, Michael Bourn and Hunter Pence are off to fast starts.
4. Roy Oswalt could be turning it around.
Reasons to start chewing our hair
1. Lance Berkman is struggling.
2. The bullpen has been used and abused.
3. Injuries have been a problem.
4. Miguel Tejada has played a ton of innings.
What do you think? Rank them in order of importance.
I'll say that, with Lance and Roy not performing up to what we now consider very normal extraordinary circumstances, the fact that they're only three games under .500 is significant. So for me, I'll put optimism at 1, 4, 2, 3.
For pessimism and self-loathing, I'll put this at: 2, 3, 4, 1. Lance will come around (said as I reach for some hair to chew). The bullpen pitching poorly and pitching often is not good. Jason Smith still needs a hit - a big, fat one - before I would be willing to hand him a couple of starts.